Saturday, October 5, 2013

Fair Trade Certified™ coffee from Green Mountain Coffee®


Did you know that October is Fair Trade Month! "Buy Fair, Be Fair" ????

I am going to be completely honest when I say I had never heard of Fair Trade Certified™ coffee prior to receiving a sample of this for free from BzzAgent. Now that I've read up on what all this means, I think everyone should educate themselves on this important topic.  
Only 38% of consumers today know what Fair Trade Certified™ means!  

Here is what I learned researching online about what Fair Trade Certified™ means for us as consumers as well as farmers.  

1)What Is Fair Trade??

It means that the products we are purchasing are "fair".  From the farm to your house, if the product you purchased has the Fair Trade Certified™ logo on it, it means that the farmers/workers were paid fairly.  

Just Some Facts:

  • When we as consumers purchase Fair Trade Certified™ Coffee, it means that farmers will receive a Fair price for their coffee beans.  Which ultimately means you will receive a better tasting and quality coffee and the farmers will have a better life as well. 
  • Every time we purchase Fair Trade Certified™ Coffee, we are helping Farmers and their communities in more ways then one.  Some of those being in Education and Healthcare
  • Fair Trade Certified™ is non-profit, but not a charity.  They do however teach communities that may not have a good advantage point, how to use the free market.  
  • Each day counts ~ from Coffee to other items, if you purchase Fair Trade Certified™ goods, you are helping communities in more ways then one!
It takes only a few minutes to read up on what Fair Trade Certified™ means. I suggest to all my friends and friends to definitely read up and take action.  I will definitely be purchasing my K-Cups from Green Mountain Coffee® either in my local grocery store or online.  

A little side note that I learned is ~ Green Mountain Coffee® was named "Worlds Largest Purchaser of Fair Trade Certified™ Coffee (This was according to www.fairtradeusa.org)....  How amazing is that?!

If you want more information about what all this means and just to educate yourself on something important, please click the links below!

Green Mountain Coffee®

Fair Trade USA




Disclaimer: My reviews are my honest thoughts and opinions.  I am not being paid to review or receive any type of commission besides receiving a product complimentary. Most of my reviews will be based on products I receive through BzzAgent for free or products that I've purchased on my own.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment