Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Check out what Fair Trade Certified Coffee is all about with Green Mountain Coffee!




I'm guessing that you as my reader did not know that October is Fair Trade Month!  Don't know what that means?  Continue to read to find out :)


So I am going to go out on a limb and say that most of my readers, friends, and family honestly have never heard of Fair Trade.  What is it?  What's that mean as a consumer?  There are several questions and loads of answers to help better educate yourself on the topic.  


Before BzzAgent sent me a Campaign to try Green Mountain Coffee Three Continent Blend K-Cups that are Fair Trade Certified, I had NO idea what that meant.  I just figured, Hey, they're sending me complimentary coffee to try out! Well, of course I did receive a few K-Cups for my enjoyment, but also I learned a lot about what this particular coffee means to not just me as a consumer, but to the farmers and their communities.


Some facts that I learned that may help you understand 


  • Fair Trade means that us as consumers purchase products that are from farms that are "Certified" to give fair wages and also a safe working environment for their employees.  It also means that the farmer received a fair price for the product/crop provided.
  • When purchasing a Fair Trade Certified product, you are not only helping the farmers/workers, you are providing for a community in need.  These communities are in third world countries that do not have the luxuries that we have.  With the help of Fair Trade, we are providing money that goes towards healthcare and numerous other programs.
If you go to to Green Mountain Coffee's website, they will have a list of all the coffees that are Fair Trade Certified as well as their story, Kelly Clarkson's adventure to Peru and what she learned about what Fair Trade does for a community, and more information about what Fair Trade is.  

They have numerous flavors to check out.  I, myself, have only tried the Three Continent Blend, which is a great tasting coffee.  It's not too bold, but has a smooth flavor and I enjoyed it very much.  For a 24 count box of K-Cups, they are under $20.00, which is not bad at all in my opinion. SO, GO CHECK THEM OUT at Green Mountain Coffee

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone tries a Fair Trade Certified Coffee for not only the wonderful taste but to help those in need!  

Disclaimer: My reviews are my honest thoughts and opinions.  I am not being paid to review or receive any type of commission besides receiving a product complimentary. Most of my reviews will be based on products I receive through BzzAgent for free or products that I've purchased on my own.  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment